Make-A-Wish Foundation made this kid’s dream come true. What a wonderful thing that has happened.
A quote from Take a deep breath, calm your mind, and read this. Print it out or write it out and live by these words. Make your life better. (via your-little-secrets)
1. Do not kill yourself. Killing yourself is very messy and your mother will cry over you. It is not beautiful or brave, and even if it was, you will not be around to see that.
2. Washing your hair is going to be a chore. But you should do it anyway. Because you will feel better about yourself.
3. Get up late. Have a lay in. Sleep past your alarm. You have a very long life ahead of you and for now you should appreciate the cold side of your pillow.
4. He is going to break your heart but he’s just another male human who finds it hard to deal with Mondays, too. So in a month you’ll wake up and you won’t even remember that little scar on his knuckle you kissed.
5. Don’t spend hours looking up what your name means on google. Your name is your name and you should go out there and do heroic and good deeds and give your name your own meaning.
6. Don’t fight your demons. Your demons are here to teach you lessons. Sit down with your demons and have a drink and a chat and learn their names and talk about the burns on their fingers and scratches on their ankles. Some of them are very nice.
7. Music is good for your soul. Rap music will energise you and boost your ego and pop music will cheer you up. Indie music will make you think and emotional songs will make you cry and think about that boy again. It’s healthy.
8. Victim complexes are not attractive. Boys and girls will not date you because you are sad. They are not going to date you and kiss your aching bones and cure you of your dragging depression. Wake up. Take a bath. Do your hair. Be attractive.
9. Sadness is not poetic. Depression is not beautiful. Laying in bed all day and eating too much is lazy and disgusting and it is not tragic or pretty. Get up. Go outside. Let the sun warm your bones. Live.
10. If it makes you happy, buy twenty of it. Dedicate your life to it. Print it on tv shirts and collect things and draw art of it. Do not care what people think. They are the unhappy people you need to avoid. The abuse they will hurl at you is painless compared to how sad they are. Pity them. Remain happy.
11. You are allowed to he angry. But the world is not working against you. The flowers do not bloom for you and when your mother shouts ask her if she is okay instead of thinking she hates you. She never will. The world walks beside you and is silent. It does not trip you up or carry you.
12. Day and night cycles are natural. Humans only sleep at night because we used to avoid predators in the dark because of our poor eyesight. Stay awake until 5am watching bad reality shows. Wake up at 7pm and have breakfast.
13. Eat when you are hungry. Being bored does not constitute a chocolate bar. Sleep with you are tired. Do not mindlessly obey the sleep at night rule. If you are not tired, do not sleep."
I read this in my 11th grade english class and i still think about it sometimes.
This is my favorite fucking short story ever. It changed the way I look at human weakness.
This is one of my favourite things ever.
This is why I love writing
sandra cisneros is amazing
love this, so true in every way
A quote from (via stay-ocean-minded)
A quote from C.S Lewis (via belovedhatred)
The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do
Was to stop loving you because you started loving someone else .
interesting view on life
“We are the generation of nostalgia. We grew up in the age of transition. From hand-written letters to electronic mails. From film to digital. We were fascinated by new things, neglecting the way we spend our afternoons. Cupcakes and tea. Play-Doh and Polly Pockets. Young and naive. Technology completely changed the way we waited and we grew up too fast. The simple things in life seems more meaningful now. We grew up in the age of transition and have become the generation of nostalgia.”
“Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4, NKJ)
When was the last time you had so much joy that you couldn’t contain yourself? Maybe your favorite football team won the big game. Or maybe you received some unexpected, good news. There are many reasons to rejoice in this life, but the scripture tells us to rejoice in the Lord.
To rejoice simply means to express great joy. There are many ways to express your joy in the Lord. You can sing, shout, clap, and one biblical definition is to literally spin around! Notice these are all action words. That means we can choose to take action no matter what our emotions are telling us. We can choose to rejoice in the Lord no matter what’s going on around us. And keep in mind, when you make the choice to rejoice even when you don’t feel like it, you are giving God a sacrifice of praise. That’s something that pleases the Lord. That’s something that opens the door for Him to move on your behalf. When you take a step of faith and choose to rejoice, before long, your feelings will get in line. You’ll feel His joy bubbling out of you like rivers of living water, refreshing you and giving you strength to live in victory in every area of your life.